Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add eggs and sour cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla; set aside. Spread chocolate batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through the batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 78 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 30, 2017
Good and easy to fix. I like the addition of the chocolate chips. These bars have approximately 70 calories per piece (using margarine instead of butter).
May 20, 2014
I really like these. For me they have just the right amount of sweetness. And they are more cake-like instead of brownie-like, but I prefer the cake-like. The next time I make them I will wait until they are completely cooled before cutting them into squares. I only got 35 servings from the 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Maybe by letting them cool completely I'll get 72 servings but they will be small.
Mar 8, 2013
So good! I used a 9x9" pan brownie mix and made the whole recipe of cream cheese topping. This made a thicker layer but I think they came out perfect like that - any thinner and they wouldn't be as rich. Yum!
Dec 8, 2010
I expected these to be more brownie-like (dense/chewy), instead they were very cake-like. But still delicious!
Jul 14, 2010
To lighten it up some more, I used fat free sour cream and fat free cream cheese. This recipe is delicious and had everyone raving about it for days!