Rich Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until well blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg until smooth; spread evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 23, 2013
my grandchildren love them. I had to give the recipe to their mother at their insistence.
May 17, 2013
Very rich and quite soft and yummy. Everyone loves it when I make it and ask for the recipe. It is a sticky bar slice and you need to keep cleaning your knife while slicing it into bars.
Oct 14, 2011
I was excited to try this recipe, but it turned out to be a flop. Even though i baked it as directed, the cake part was dry, and the cheesecake topping was way too sweet and didn't taste like cheesecake.
Sep 13, 2011
I doubled this recipe and baked in a 13 x 9 pan. The only adjustment I made was adding a splash of vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. These bars are rich and delicious!
Apr 22, 2011
Hi, are these really tiny? I'm wondering how it makes 2 dozen from a 9" square pan. Also is 3oz of cream cheese correct, doesn't it usually come in 8oz pkg's?
Mar 22, 2011
This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 13 x 9 pan. However, the bars will be a little thicker and may need to bake a few minutes longer.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Mar 15, 2011
Can this be made in a 13 x 9 pan? Please answerDelicious!
Dec 6, 2010
Can this recipe be doubled and baked in a 13x9 in baking dish?
Jun 10, 2010
very good cheesecake recipe- make sure you use the 9 oz cake mix (not the 18 1/4 oz)
Jan 17, 2010
From St. Louis too and yes this does taste gooey butter cake
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.