Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons jam; spread remaining jam over crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread evenly over jam. Bake until almost set, 20-25 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over cheesecake. Warm remaining jam and swirl over top. Bake just until set, 5-7 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 271 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 29, 2017
I like anything raspberry, however, I was greatly disappointed with this recipe. The sour cream on the top took away from the flavor. I wish I had read the reviews before I stated this. I WILL NOT BE MAKING THIS AGAIN!!!... :(
May 6, 2016
I was excited to try this recipe as I love cheesecake and raspberries. The crust was a fail. Tasted gross and thankfully I didn't waste the cheesecake filling on it as I tasted it first. Strapped that and went with the traditional graham cracker crust. Followed the rest of the recipe perfectly. Center never got done even after extra time. Added sour cream mixture anyway as edges were starting to burn and it all just mixed together in the center. Cooled it as directed and tastes horrible!
Apr 28, 2014
Pretty good. I love trying recipes with cream cheese. I didn't add the cinnamon. I just don't like it cheesecake crust.
Apr 8, 2014
These bars did not turn out for me. The crust was so hard that I couldn't get it out of the pan. I reviewed the recipe again to be sure that I had followed it exactly, and I did. I won't be making this recipe again.
May 8, 2013
I took these to a friend's dinner party and everyone raved about how delicious they were. The grated lemon peel enhances the flavor. The bars are not too sweet either. Just right!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.