Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Place the sweet potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg and pie spice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° until center is almost set, 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, vanilla and remaining sugar. Spread over filling. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake just until set, 5-8 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 259 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2014
This is a great way to use sweet potato. Certainly can't tell there is any in this recipe, if that is something you are wanting. This was a hit with my two young boys who won't touch sweet potatoes any other way.
Jun 16, 2010
This is a really yummy recipe. I have made pumpkin cheesecake before and decided to give this a try. Everyone that tried it really loved it. I am making it again to take to a church party.
May 18, 2010
These were a huge hit at a family gathering. I was intrigued by the unusual combination of sweet potato and dessert. I wasn't disappointed. Sinfully delicious!
Feb 25, 2010
No one could believe this had sweet potato in it - Everyone loved it!!! Had to make it twice in one week to share with both my office and my husband's.