Holiday Potato Bake
I have made this at Thanksgiving and Christmas for the past several years; my family requests this dish all the time, even when it's not a holiday! Happy, cherished family memories. —Vickie West, Long Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, trimmed and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Cook, covered, until vegetables are almost tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain. Return to Dutch oven; toss with 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese, butter, cream cheese, 1/4 cup parsley, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with olives and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 271 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Potato Bake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.