Holiday Potato Bake
I have made this at Thanksgiving and Christmas for the past several years; my family requests this dish all the time, even when it's not a holiday! Happy, cherished family memories. —Vickie West, Long Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, trimmed and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Cook, covered, until vegetables are almost tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain. Return to Dutch oven; toss with 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese, butter, cream cheese, 1/4 cup parsley, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with olives and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with remaining parsley.