Come in from the cold to enjoy this moist parsley-fleck muffins. They're comforting and delicious with a steaming bowl of soup, a savory stew or a favorite casserole. —Marlene Loecke, Des Moines, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in potatoes and parsley. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 107 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Potato Muffins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.