Potato Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 15 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, soup, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper flakes. Stir in the potatoes, pepperoni and beef mixture.
- Transfer half of the meat mixture to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; repeat layers. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 4-5 hours.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 402 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1155mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 23, 2018
I did enjoy this but I felt it was heavy on the Italian seasoning. I also made mine in the oven and not the crockpot. I will definitely make it again.
Feb 15, 2017
Very tasty. Omitted onion & pepperoni as I had none on hand. Nice & easy!- Theresa
Feb 14, 2015
I really wanted to like this, but I thought it tasted funny. I think it was the pizza sauce cheddar cheese soup combo that was a little strange for me.
Feb 19, 2011
Just tried this recipe for the first time. It was good. Next time I will use a pound of burger and a pound of sausage as there didn't seem to be enough meat I will also add more pepperoni.
Jan 2, 2011
I wasn't sure how the potatoes would add to this dish but even my picker eater ate this one up. So easy to prepare too!
Nov 8, 2010
Everyone in my house ate it! In fact there was enough left over to include it in my leftover night! I was told by my family that was a dish they would like to eat again and it was sooo simple to make and clean up was a breeze!
Nov 4, 2010
My entire family loved it! My husband and children requested more pepperoni next time. We will be adding this to our favorites list.
Oct 18, 2010
Just tried this tonight. It was very easy and quick to put together. Thought it was tasty - something totally different!!! Would make again - the only change i made was i didn't use mushrooms - we don't care for them... Also made some garlic bread to go with it!