Special Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at bottom. Fan potatoes slightly. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 potato: 375 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 8g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 9, 2018
you make these potatoes to sound like they' re your own recipe. I think you know they are called "hasslebacks" and they've been around for years. Your cutting instructions are exactly like the old recipe also.
Apr 8, 2018
Great twist to the classic baked potatoes. Everyone always compliments how fancy they look. They are super easy and you can make them anyway you like.
Jan 17, 2016
Very delicious way to make baked potatoes. Love them
Jul 21, 2014
Thanks for a simple recipe for baked potatoes that jazzes them up without turning them into something other than...baked potatoes.
Nov 23, 2013
I made this tonight with my 10 year old daughter for some special girl time. My family loved it! My daughter was thrilled that she creAted such a pretty potato dish.
Jul 14, 2010
These were very tasty and my husband loved them.The calorie count is not to difficult to calculate. One average baking potato = 164. 1/2 tbsp. butter = 50. 1/4 cup grated cheddar = 88. 1/2 tbsp. grated Parmesan = 44. Grand total for one of these potatoes is 346 calories. Maybe not something you'd want to indulge in on a daily basis, but once in a while won't kill you.
Jun 19, 2010
Only because there's no calorie count on this recipe.