Special Twice-Baked Potatoes
Twice-baked potaotes may take some time to prepare, but we know the residents really appreciate our efforts. This side dish pairs well with a variety of meaty entrees and is always a welcome sight on the holiday table.
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 25 min.
- 12 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups whole milk, warmed
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off top of each potato and discard; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with 3/4 cup butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, cheese, parsley and seasoned salt. Spoon or pipe in to potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 503 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Special Twice-Baked Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.