Baked Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, combine flour, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, onion and white sauce. Repeat layers. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Cover and bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2016
Very nice, l added a little gr. Mustard and a shot of worhsteshire sauce. Amazing, l even have the bowl in the picture. Janet. VFE
Oct 3, 2010
I did add a bit of shredded cheese after it was done, but it was a great recipe for 2 people. It's so hard to cook for 2 without a lot of leftovers .
Dec 24, 2009
Seems like an old family recipe. Loved the bread crumbs...substituted panko style bread crumbs and made this for a Christmas dinner multiplying it by 8. Worked well.