Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 20 min.
- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 416 calories, 26g fat (17g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 17, 2019
This was AMAZING. Even my pickest of eaters loved it! I only cooked them 45 minutes originally and then 25 minutes. I pre-mixed the filling (minus the potato insides) and put it in the fridge just to save on time. Turned out perfect!
Dec 26, 2018
These were very good. I added bacon bits to the mixture - only change. Served with Prime Rib.
Dec 28, 2017
Very good twice baked potato recipe. I was able to cut down recipe easily to make fewer potatoes.
Dec 7, 2017
These were VERY tasty! The only (minor) issue I had was that the skins were a little tough, despite rubbing them with oil and turning the potatoes every 20 minutes. I think it took a total of about 70 minutes for my potatoes to get done. I did only 2 potatoes, and just cut everything into 2/3rds (which wasn't as difficult as it sounds). I completely skipped the onions to save some time and just used some dried minced onion. I used cheddar jack cheese and also sprinkled real bacon bits on top with the paprika. Served this with a side salad for a vegetarian weeknight meal.
Dec 1, 2017
Delicious and easy to prepare!
Sep 6, 2017
I just microwave my potatoes for the first step of this recipe. Saves time. Bake it last. Hubby loves cheese and I leave out the onions which I love though. Yum.
Aug 6, 2017
These potatoes were a hit at our cookout. I added 8 slices of cooked bacon before stuffing the shells. It added some extra flavor. Excellent recipe!
Jan 8, 2017
You can reduce salt and fat content and not affect taste. Freeze well....Reheat in microwave.
Jan 9, 2016
693mg of sodium
Dec 11, 2015
these dont work with small potatoes hence them saying large ones. even though i used small potatoes and everything spilled over, the messiness didnt affect the great taste!