Fancy Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + cooling Bake: 35 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub with oil if desired. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Discard two shell halves.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, sour cream, salt, pepper and half of the pimientos and chives. Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining pimientos and chives.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 25, 2017
This is my wife's uncle's favorite way for potatoes!! We all love them!!
Dec 26, 2014
This was my first attempt at twice baked potatoes and we found them bland. Even with added butter it just was no match for a regular baked potato.
Feb 14, 2011
Very good! I sprinkled some shredded parmesan cheese on top before baking for an extra special addition!
Feb 2, 2008
These eye-appealing potatoes make diners go ooh & aah! And they taste as good as they look. This recipe makes the easiest twice-baked potatoes I've ever tried, and now I think my family would be disappointed if I made them any other way.