Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup whole milk or heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 558 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein.
Mar 3, 2014
Confused on step 3 - when do you put the cheese on? We did the cheese first and are hoping it comes out well!
May 26, 2013
These are my new favorite potato. They are even awesome warmed up as a leftover. My family loves them.
Jul 31, 2012
Jul 21, 2012
These are great!!!!
Mar 30, 2012
These potatoes are really good and that's with out bacon (didn't have any). Looking forward to the next time with bacon :)
Jun 26, 2011
Feb 16, 2011
very yummy! my husband and I made a reason to make them again the next day! lol
Nov 5, 2009
This was easy and super delicious!!
Mar 31, 2009
These were delicious! I used 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream in my recipe.
Mar 8, 2009
I used 3/4 c. Sourcream and 3 Tbsp. of Milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.