Red, White & Blue Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute blend equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line an 8-in. square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; coat foil with cooking spray. Remove pie crust from foil pan; break into fine crumbs into prepared pan. Press crumbs onto bottom of pan.
- Place cottage cheese in a small food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Add cream cheese, sugar blend, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg whites and egg; add to cottage cheese mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Drop preserves by teaspoonfuls over filling. Cut through cheesecake with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center of cheesecake is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cold.
- Lifting with foil, remove cheesecake from pan. Cut into 12 bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 193 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jun 28, 2019
After reading reviews, I will warm preserves so it's not so thick
May 31, 2015
Just like the other reviewer, my preserves did not swirl. The preserves sank right to the bottom. I improvised, and added fresh strawberry slices to the top of the squares. I also must have done something wrong in the batter, because my bars took a bit longer to bake. I baked mine for about 40-45 minutes.
May 31, 2015
These were actually quite good. It did not taste lightened up at all. My strawberries preserves were thick so the swirling did not come out pretty as most just sank into the cream cheese.