Red, White and Blue Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup crushed strawberries
- 1 cup crushed blueberries
- Fresh mixed berries, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and lemon zest. Cut in butter until crumbly. Whisk egg yolks and vanilla; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Press onto bottom and 3 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, flour, lemon zest, salt and vanilla. Add eggs and yolk; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter in half. Fold crushed strawberries and crushed blueberries into half of the batter. Pour into crust. Top with remaining batter. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300° bake 60-70 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with fresh mixed berries and currants, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 472 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 16, 2014
Great cheesecake and a good way to use summer's bountiful berries. I did not add the berries to the batter but put a sour cream topping on the cheesecake and added mix blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries on top of that. It was a huge hit.
Sep 23, 2012
Sorry--forgot I already reviewed it!! You get to read it twice.
Sep 23, 2012
I made this cheesecake for our 4th of July pig roast and it was delicious--very creamy. I barely got a slice before it was gobbled up. The only thing I would do differently would be to add the blueberries whole and chop the strawberries in the layers. I felt the crushed berries weren't attractive--especially the blueberries. Since my cheesetop top was so nice and flat, I sweetened some sour cream with confectioner's sugar and frosted the top before adding assorted berries to the top so they wouldn't roll off. It was a hit and a keeper.
Aug 17, 2012
my friends love it, i will do it again
Jul 22, 2012
It was a good cheesecake, but I am not too keen on fruit in my cakes, that is why I probably won't make it again. Plus it has a lot of Cream Cheese, I cut it back by one 8oz. block.
Jul 6, 2012
I made this for the 4th for our pig roast and it was gobbled up. I would not add the fruit to the batter next time as it muddied it, in my opinion. Maybe dice the fruit or not add it at all. It baked nice and flat, no cracks (no water bath, either) and was creamy and delicious. I mixed some powdered sugar into sour cream and frosted the top so the fruit would stay on . I used blueberries, strawberries and fresh picked raspberries and black raspberries. Beautiful and delicious!
Jul 5, 2012
Except for adding the fruit to the batter, I made this exactly as the recipe indicated - it was very creamy and delicious. Topped it off with a light layer of Kool Whip sprinkled with blueberries and sliced strawberries.
Jul 2, 2012
Absolutely DELICIOUS!! Just like a professional bakery would make!! I DID use a 10-inch springform pan instead of the 9-inch. I also put the blueberries in 1/4 of the batter and the strawberries in another 1/4 of the batter. Then layered 1/4 of the white cheesecake, the blueberry cheesecake, the remaining white cheesecake and topped it with the strawberry cheesecake. Turned out beautiful ... and wonderfully DELICIOUS!!!! I WILL make this again ... and again ... and again ...
Apr 4, 2012
This cheesecake was by far the best cheesecake I have ever had! It was so thick and creamy and the crust was just so yummy! Will definitely make again and again. Haven't made it with the fruit yet, but without i'm sure is just as good.
Aug 8, 2011
it was very good, and it turned out great.