Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar and butter; mix until crumbly. Press 2-1/2 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, egg whites, vanilla and remaining flour. Spoon over prepared crust. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and cornstarch. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 142 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 13, 2016
These were wonderful. Everyone raved over these. The only thing was it was very difficult to get these out of the pan. The first row (at the short side) was completely taken out in pieces. Next time I think I will put aluminum foil in the pan so I can easily take these out. Of course I will grease that too.
Nov 9, 2015
Question: Do these bars with condensed milk, cream cheese and eggs need to be refrigated after being baked? Also can they be frozen successfully?
May 26, 2014
The cranberry is very subtle, but these are wonderful. Dangerous to have around. Thank you for a recipe I will make over and over again. Based on another review, I didn't use all of the left over crumbs for topping. Try them, these are good!!
Aug 26, 2013
These bars were very good. A nice dessert for Thanksgiving. Makes a nice light treat after all that filling food.Also made and took to work, everyone loved them. Thanks for the recipe.
Dec 11, 2012
i have made many time i really enjoy this bars
Feb 7, 2011
I made these last night to take to a Super Bowl party. The recipe really makes a big batch! I think the reason other reviewers are finding them "bland", "ok", or not as tart as expected, is because there is too much of the crumb mixture. Next time I will reduce it by about 1 cup. It would also be good to add another full or half can of cranberries. But overall, tasty. And I was asked for the recipe!
Jan 1, 2011
these were ok,not as good as I was expecting
Sep 24, 2010
I thought these were on the bland side. I was expecting more of that tart cranberry taste.
Jul 17, 2010
These bars were delicious, and very easy to make. I will definitely make them again.
Jan 13, 2010
This is a great recipe and so easy on the waistline. I make this often to take to parties.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.