Red, White and Blue Dessert
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 quarts strawberries, halved, divided
- 2 quarts blueberries, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extracts until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Place a third of the mixture in a 4-qt. bowl. Reserve 20 strawberry halves and 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish.
- Layer half of the remaining strawberries and blueberries over cream mixture. Top with another third of the cream mixture and the remaining berries. Spread the remaining cream mixture on top. Use the reserved strawberries and blueberries to make a "flag" on top.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 168 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
May 30, 2018
I made this for a birthday party on memorial day. It was a hit. I did not have any almond extract, so I use 1 tsp. of vanilla. Will make it again for my next pitch--in dinner.
Jun 11, 2017
Made this for an afternoon pool party/bbq. Omitted the almond extract due to a nut allergy--added a touch more vanilla and used powdered sugar and added to the whipped cream vs. adding to cream cheese. Added raspberries to the strawberries and blue berries. Was a hit!
Jul 3, 2016
Can you make this the night before, or does it need to be made the day of?
May 30, 2016
Another Memorial Day and another request for this delicious and easy dessert! Fresh tasting and full of summer flavor. I use Neufchatel (low fat cream cheese, ok, just a little lower, but every little bit helps) and no difference in taste.
Jul 4, 2015
This is my summer go-to dessert! Everyone loves it, always a hit :) Thanks for a great recipe.
Jul 4, 2015
Yummy and very pretty cake in a trifle bowl. Also added pound cake to the layers
Jul 1, 2015
Aug 11, 2014
We love this!
Jul 7, 2014
I 've made this before and it tastes wonderful! Delicious for sure!
Jul 4, 2014
This was delicious and very light. Great after a filling meal and elegant to serve to guests. My friends loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.