Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 11 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Remove 3/4 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in pumpkin and brown sugar until well blended.
- Pour plain batter over crust. Spread pumpkin batter over plain batter. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 117 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2016
Way thinner than I thought they would turn out. This recipe needs more butter for the crust and more spice in the pumpkin portion. I would have given them 3 stars, but my son really liked them so I gave it a 4. I would not make these again without making major adjustments.
Nov 15, 2013
I did not use low fat ingredients. These were pretty good. I added just a little more pumpkin and some pumpkin spice, and had to bake way longer than the recipe says....like 20-30 minutes longer! And I don't think the butter for the crust is enough either. My crust didn't set. Served it with whipped cream, and we both said yummy! I'll make them again but will double the recipe, triple the pumpkin, add spice and nutmeg, and use more butter for the crust.
Nov 19, 2012
I thought these bars were just ok. First off, they do NOT come out as thick as in the picture. There didn't seem to be enough batter to spread throughout the pan. And I even added a little extra pumpkin. The pumpkin portion could have used a little pumpkin spice in it. I probably wouldn't bother to make them again since I didn't think they were anything that special.
Nov 6, 2012
Good, had to bake longer than stated minutes. Would make again for cheesecake lovers.
Nov 6, 2012
You should be able to use full fat ingredients without issue.
Nov 6, 2012
I don't want to use reduced fat ingredients. Do I use the same measurements or is there a need to change them?