Double-Layer Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, divided use
- 1-1/4 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix for filling. In a large bowl, combine oil, 1 egg and remaining cake mix; stir until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and reserved cake mix. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 2 cups for chocolate topping; pour remaining batter over crust.
- For topping, melt remaining chocolate chips. Stir into reserved cream cheese mixture; spoon over filling. Bake until center is almost set, 30-35 minutes. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 292 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 3, 2019
2/28/2019: I'd prepared this recipe! I used half and half cream in place of whipping cream and 1/4 cup half and half cream in the remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to melt the chips. I was pleased with this recipe and it was really good! Thank you for sharing it!
Dec 2, 2018
Very tasty, but for some reason the bottom layer separated from the cheesecake layer.