Double-Layer Cheesecake Bars
Can't choose between chocolate and vanilla cheesecake? Have both when you make this bar recipe with two distinct layers. —Andrea Price, Grafton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature, divided use
- 1-1/4 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix for filling. In a large bowl, combine oil, 1 egg and remaining cake mix; stir until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and reserved cake mix. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 2 cups for chocolate topping; pour remaining batter over crust.
- For topping, melt remaining chocolate chips. Stir into reserved cream cheese mixture; spoon over filling. Bake until center is almost set, 30-35 minutes. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 292 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Double Layered Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious October/November 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.