Frosted Pumpkin Cranberry Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons whole milk
- Additional dried cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost bars. If desired, sprinkle with finely chopped dried cranberries.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 130 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 2, 2017
These are delicious. The cranberries add a bit of tartness. The combination of pumpkin and cranberry is perfection. I really liked the brown butter frosting. I normally use cream cheese frosting on pumpkin bars and this was a delicious treat.
May 9, 2017
We loved these moist flavorful bars!
Oct 28, 2014
I tried this recipe for a Church social. They received great reviews. One gentlemen said he had to keep going back for one more!
Oct 24, 2013
Love this. It's a great recipe. Has an excellent flavor. The Brown butter frosting is very good, too. I didn't let the cake cool completely because I wanted the frosting to 'melt' on rather than spreading it, although I did have to spread it a little. It looked very smooth and glazed over. Be sure to sift the confectionery sugar. This is probably a good recipe for banana bars w/butter frosting (minus the spices). Definitely a keeper!
Sep 29, 2011
Jan 16, 2011
Yummy! and easy
Nov 2, 2010
Delicious! The brown butter frosting is perfect for this. I've made this recipe several times, and everyone who tries them loves them. Thanks!
Oct 25, 2009
I made a cream cheese frosting for top. Definately a keeper.
Oct 25, 2009
These turned out wonderful!