Blueberry Crumb Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine preserves, blueberries and lemon juice. Spread over crust. Stir pecans and cinnamon into remaining crumb mixture. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 429 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 19, 2016
My family loved this! It was very easy to make and you could easily substitute other berries.
Feb 21, 2016
Very easy to make. Everyone loved it!
Feb 20, 2016
I loved this not only because it was simple and delicious and my family loved it but also because I had all of the ingredients on hand!! This is a keeper at my house!
May 7, 2015
Loved this, it was delicious, sweet and easy! That's my kind of recipe!
Jan 14, 2015
This was very quick and easy to put together. I confess I used more berries, only cause I had them on hand-and put this in a 7x11 pan because of it. It was very nice, and a keeper. I liked the crisp texture of the crumb topping, and the base stayed crisp also.
Aug 22, 2014
Truly delicious & comforting! I added some almond extract to the crumb mixture & it came out just lovely:) Thank you so much for sharing this, it will be added to my recipe library!
Aug 17, 2014
I would like to know the nutrition counts on this recipe? Does anyone have it?
Aug 16, 2014
I love recipes like this! Versatile and foolproof. I don't usually change a recipe when trying for the first time; and I am one to save it until I go to the store to buy the called-for ingredients, but, this time, I had just come home from the store and really wanted to try this recipe. Sooooo, I made do with what I had on hand.....white cake mix, cherry preserves and frozen cherries. Added a splash of Chambord (felt so creative!) and it was wonderful! Thanks so much for inspiring me!
Aug 16, 2014
Wonderful! My family loved this recipe....and I followed it exactly as directed.I bet this would be good too with apricot jam and apricots..but It's good as it is too :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.