Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Serve with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 2, 2015
I also started in microwave but finished in the oven. I prefer my oven for browning. Quick dessert to finish a meal.
Aug 10, 2013
Another simple and very tasty recipe. I used chopped pecans instead of almonds. I microwaved as in first step them baked it in the oven after adding topping.
Jul 29, 2012
I don't know how this recipe could be rated excellent. I was ok. nothing special!
Jul 2, 2012
This dessert is one I'll make again. It was a huge hit and a great way to use up the blueberries. I love that it is done in the microwave so I don't have to heat up the house with the oven. I strongly recommend this recipe to others!
Jun 17, 2012
really good, really easy!
Jul 16, 2011
This was very very good. I used the oven instead when it came time to bake. Thank you! I hope you post more recipes.
Jul 5, 2010
Very simple to make and delicious. I used whipped topping instead of ice-cream.
Feb 17, 2010
easiest desert I ever made!! love it
Apr 12, 2008
really good--used splenda for diabetic mother in law and turned out great.