Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Serve with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 2, 2015
I also started in microwave but finished in the oven. I prefer my oven for browning. Quick dessert to finish a meal.
Aug 10, 2013
Another simple and very tasty recipe. I used chopped pecans instead of almonds. I microwaved as in first step them baked it in the oven after adding topping.
Jul 29, 2012
I don't know how this recipe could be rated excellent. I was ok. nothing special!
Jul 2, 2012
This dessert is one I'll make again. It was a huge hit and a great way to use up the blueberries. I love that it is done in the microwave so I don't have to heat up the house with the oven. I strongly recommend this recipe to others!
Jun 17, 2012
really good, really easy!
Jul 16, 2011
This was very very good. I used the oven instead when it came time to bake. Thank you! I hope you post more recipes.
Jul 5, 2010
Very simple to make and delicious. I used whipped topping instead of ice-cream.
Feb 17, 2010
easiest desert I ever made!! love it
Apr 12, 2008
really good--used splenda for diabetic mother in law and turned out great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.