Blueberry Walnut Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, oats and butter. Press onto the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat preserves on high for 15-20 seconds or until warmed; gently stir in blueberries. Spoon over filling. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 167 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2016
I absolutely love these bars.
Aug 22, 2015
Very tasty and everyone enjoyed it.
Jan 10, 2014
These were awesome! So easy and quick to make. I used Splenda instead of sugar because I made some for my dad who is a diabetic. You couldn't tell the difference and I feel it made them even more healthy.
Jan 6, 2014
This was great! Using fresh blueberries really makes a difference.
Sep 4, 2013
We didn't have orange juice, so used lemon. It was great with fresh blueberries !
Sep 1, 2013
Easy, quick, and oh so yummy!
Jun 6, 2013
We grow our own blueberries. Some of them are as big as your thumb. These bars were so good and tasted of summer.
May 23, 2013
This looks so good! I can't wait to make it! Waiting to make it when my Black Raspberry's are ready put those on top instead of the blueberry's....
Mar 17, 2013
Wonderful, light but tastes really naughty!
Jul 13, 2012
This is the best if you like blueberries. And we do!!