Blueberry Oat Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes2-1/2 to 3 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, 1 cup sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 104 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2018
These are good, but I much prefer the crumb mix in the Date Oatmeal Bars, which can be found on this site as well.
Jun 19, 2016
I used three cups of blueberries, two cups of butter, added 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp salt. Would probably decrease sugar a bit next time. I thought it was delicious with these changes and would definitely make it again.
Jul 16, 2015
First time making these there was not enough blueberry mixture for a 13 x 9 so next time I used 3 cups of blueberries, 3 tbsp of cornstarch and juice and the amount was perfect - also substituted 1/4 of the sugar using organic coconut palm sugar - my husband loves these bars frozen!
May 31, 2015
I used an 8x8 pan (so of course ended up tossing a lot of the crumb mixture ??) but otherwise this recipe is fabulous!!! Will definitely make again!
Jun 28, 2013
AwfulI used fresh blueberries, and followed recipe exactlyNever again--
Jun 23, 2013
Can't seem to change my original one star rating. I'll give it 4 1/2 now. I needed to make more crumb mixture than what was called for. I added a bit of brown sugar, oats, flour and chopped walnuts to make the topping. Amount of blueberry mixture turned out to be perfect. I also used less sugar, about 3/4 of a cup total, for a less sweet taste. Really very good.
Jun 22, 2013
I hope this comes out of the oven better than it went in. Followed recipe but with a bit less sugar. Not enough mixture for crumb topping, had to make more. Not enough blueberry mixture for the 9x13 pan. Wondering what I did differently from those that gave 5 stars? Yikes! We'll see about this.
May 6, 2013
Everyone really likes this one and it can be frozen for a later use. Thaws out ready to serve!
Sep 2, 2011
Kids love these, even my youngest who claims he doesnt' like blueberries.
Jan 15, 2011
Very easy to make it - and has already made them several times.