- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, 1 cup sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 bar: 104 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.