Pumpkin Delight Magic Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package (11 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place wafers in a food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Drizzle with melted butter; pulse until blended. Press into bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pie spice until smooth. Beat in pumpkin; stir in cranberries. Pour over crust. Layer with coconut, baking chips and pecans.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool completely. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 299 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 16, 2016
I would not make these again. They took a lot of costly ingredients and they were very disappointing. The cranberries got hard as a rock. They were also a lot of work. SJS9
Nov 21, 2015
They were a hit but I agree with the other two reviewers that the toppings fell off. The flavors blended well together but the toppings were all over the place. It also is not what I think of when I hear, "Magic Bars." These were more like cheesecake squares with toppings. (I am not a cheesecake fan but still enjoyed a couple of the bars.) It makes a lot, so prepare them for a crowd.
Nov 15, 2015
These had a great flavor, but the bars from the crust up fell apart. Will have to rethink this recipie before I attempt again.
Oct 8, 2015
They taste great but the topping is loose. Any suggestions of what I can use so everything stays together when cut?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.