Pumpkin Delight Magic Bars
- 1 package (11 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place wafers in a food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Drizzle with melted butter; pulse until blended. Press into bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pie spice until smooth. Beat in pumpkin; stir in cranberries. Pour over crust. Layer with coconut, baking chips and pecans.
- 3. Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 4. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool completely. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 bar: 299 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 26, 2018Oh my gosh, we loved these! They're the perfect fall treat. They're super delicious right out of the oven (try 'em with a fork), and when they cool a bit, they're easier to pick up and enjoy fork-free. They just have such great fall flavor and the texture from the pecans, cranberries and coconut is incredible.
Sep 26, 2018I can't wait to make these! Thanks for the tip about eating them with a fork.
Sep 26, 2018Yum! All my favorite fall flavors in one place. I will definitely make these bars again!
Sep 26, 2018These pumpkin bars were so good, my friends and I giggled while we ate. The toppings are over the top, but the flavor is worth every crumb.
Nov 16, 2016
I would not make these again. They took a lot of costly ingredients and they were very disappointing. The cranberries got hard as a rock. They were also a lot of work. SJS9
Nov 21, 2015
They were a hit but I agree with the other two reviewers that the toppings fell off. The flavors blended well together but the toppings were all over the place. It also is not what I think of when I hear, "Magic Bars." These were more like cheesecake squares with toppings. (I am not a cheesecake fan but still enjoyed a couple of the bars.) It makes a lot, so prepare them for a crowd.
Nov 15, 2015
These had a great flavor, but the bars from the crust up fell apart. Will have to rethink this recipie before I attempt again.
Oct 8, 2015
They taste great but the topping is loose. Any suggestions of what I can use so everything stays together when cut?