Easy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 139 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 2, 2018
I am giving 5 stars because I goofed, and not the recipes fault. I used baked pumpkin from my garden. I think it may have had too much water. So if you do the same- bake longer. Mine needed more time
Oct 12, 2015
This recipe is brilliant. The best pumpkin recipe I have tried this year! My husband doesn't even like pumpkin flavored anything and he ate two big pieces of this. It was a big hit with the whole family and I will definitely be making this again. I love that only took three ingredients to make.
Sep 26, 2015
It must be good! I have taken it to two potlucks and it is gone before I ever get one! Whips up and put in the oven in 5 minutes or less! Making it again for another potluck, but going to take out one for me...before I put it on the table! LOL!
Oct 19, 2013
Oct 13, 2013
Very easy and tasty, but I would not classify this recipe as "bars." It is pumpkin cake. I would also reduce the amount of chocolate chips. Even one cup was too much. I will still make it again since it is super easy.
Aug 9, 2013
Yes only 3 ingredients! It isn't an error...no eggs. Better second day. My drizzling of melted chocolate chips wasn't very pretty so I smeared it to cover entire surface.