Lemon Angel Cake Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pie filling and coconut until blended; spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cooled bars; sprinkle with lemon zest. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cut into bars or triangles.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 116 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 19, 2019
Absolutely wonderful......sooooo very asy. so far everyone wants the recipe.....don't have to change thing!!!!!!
Feb 1, 2018
Frankie Oh !0 Not a bad lemon bar cake- a little sweet and the cake part seemed dense will probably make it again.
Jan 25, 2018
These are the BEST! I also used sweetened coconut and these were really good. Will definitely make and make again.
Dec 16, 2017
Lemony goodness! This is a nice take on a lemon bar, but as a cake instead. Lemon flavor shines through, with a light cake. The frosting is a yummy touch- don't forget the lemon zest that adds color and a little extra zip. Will be making again for sure.
Apr 13, 2017
These are very flavorful and easy to make.
Oct 4, 2015
These are very nice, large pan a bonus. I made the package of sherries rather than purchase canned. So easy to have everything on hand. Janet. VFE
Jul 16, 2015
I cook for an individual or group every week and am always looking for new recipes. In the summer I look for refreshing dessert ideas. This recipe is delicious! It is light and refreshing and so easy to prepare. I also used sweetened coconut and it was fine. Definitely a keeper!
Feb 17, 2015
Anyone have a substitute for using Coconut?
Sep 6, 2014
Light and very tasty. Baked in 25 mins. Easy to cut in bars. I , too,used sweetened coconut and it was fine. Icing was yummy!!! RE: Kogo's question, no just add lemon filling and coconut to cake mix, it comes out fine.Gail Borczyk, Field Editor
Aug 30, 2014
Yummy! I love any dessert with lemon and these did not disappoint! I think next time I will use a little less coconut. Will make again!