Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime zest. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake just until edges are lightly browned, 13-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in lemon juice and zest; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake until light golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 88 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 24, 2014
I followed the recipe and concluded - either half the crust or double the filling. Had a nice flavour.
Nov 4, 2013
This recipe was okay. I used half lemon, half lime juice and doubled the filling the second time I made them. I agree with others that it needs more filling in proportion to the crust.
Apr 11, 2013
This is now one of my favorite recipes. Will defenitly make it again, and again,
Jun 29, 2012
The crust was just as thick as the lemon layer. I personally prefer more filling.
Jan 23, 2011
I make this recipe all the time. It is very delicious, light and reminds us of lemon meringue pie, my husband favorite.
Sep 23, 2010
Wow! These are fantastic! I thought the crust was a little too buttery, so next time I will probably use less butter or maybe more flour. I also did not put the lime peel in the crust, but I did put the lemon zest in the filling. I like them best when they are cold. Wonderful!!
Aug 16, 2010
This recipe is so good!!! I highly recommend making this recipe!!
Jun 26, 2009
Great recipe! I am baking it for my second time.it's very yummy and I am sharing it with all my freinds!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.