Classic Lemon Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour until blended.
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes longer or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 250 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2019
Quick and easy to make. I did add lemon zest for even more lemony taste. Received rave reviews from company.... also, my husband's favorite!
Feb 17, 2018
We love lemon bars, and this recipe did not disappoint. They are like the name suggests a classic lemon bar. I did add an extra tablespoon of lemon juice because I always do, and would try adding a bit of zest next time.
May 29, 2016
This has been one of my favorite type of bar desserts for awhile. I wasn't happy with my current recipe so I gave this one a try. It turned out great. I did add some lime powder to the filling ingredients and it had a good tartness to it. I haven't tried it with just the lemon juice yet.
Mar 21, 2015
WHERE is the ONE STAR review?? VERY POOR reporting!!
Feb 6, 2015
Simple but could have used more zip.
Feb 16, 2014
This is the same recipe that I had as a kid. It came out of the Charlie Brown cookbook that I bought in elementary school. But you have to double the lemon juice.
Aug 5, 2012
I have this exact recipe and I don't know where I got it from but I have been making them for years now. I always use more lemon juice than it calls for. Turns out good each time I make them.
Feb 10, 2011
May 8, 2010
Although this is really tasty, it doesn't really taste "lemony." I think the addition of some lemon peel would help with that. Otherwise very good!
Dec 17, 2009
I've made these bars several times and they have received rave reviews for their great flavor. Not too tart or too sweet.