Easy Lemon Curd Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Set aside 1 cup mixture for topping; press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread lemon curd over crust. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds and reserved topping mixture; sprinkle over lemon curd.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 21, 2016
I made this yesterday and followed the recipe perfectly. It was delicious. I'm not a huge fan of coconut, so was suspicious of that ingredient, but it gave this dessert a good little crunch.This recipe is a keeper.
Feb 26, 2016
Delicious. I followed the recipe, but I think there is too much butter in the crust. I may reduce the butter to 3/4 cup or 1/2 cup, or add more flour.
Jan 21, 2016
3-star recipe but I'm sure it's my fault and not the recipe's. Because I had more lemon curd available and I was worried that the bar wouldn't be lemony enough, I added a gloppy amount of lemon curd. What a mistake! That crust-to-curd ratio was way off, and I didn't bake it long enough for the amount of curd. To be fair, I'm going to try this recipe again (following the directions) because the lemon, coconut, almond combo is really nice.
Jan 7, 2016
i followed recipe but I thought the crust was way too buttery
Jan 15, 2015
These are fantastic. Just follow the recipe as written. They bake up beautifully.
Jun 20, 2014
I think maybe 10 oz of curd would help fill up the extra space on crust. I also used some quick oats in the crust for a more crumbly topping. Easy and quick recipe!
Jun 2, 2014
Made exactly as directed. Thought it was the perfect amount of lemon curd. Quicker and easier than my usual lemon bar recipe and very tasty!
May 9, 2014
This is great recipe but the lemon curd/crust ratio is off. It needs double the amount of lemon curd.
Apr 5, 2014
I made these but found there wasn't enough lemon curd to spread across the whole pan, but I had a jar of orange marmalade on hand so used that to fill in all the empty spaces and that worked great! These taste wonderful! Will definitely make these again!
Oct 2, 2013
Great recipe!! I cheated and began with a sugar cookie mix. Followed directions on box and reserved crumbs as this recipe calls for. The addition of lemon curb, coconut and almonds makes the stand above 'normal' lemon bars. These bars are beautiful enough for a fancy cookie platter but easy enough to make for after school snack. Highly recommend this lemony treat!