Lemony Cream Cheese Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/4 cup egg substitute and oil; mix until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add remaining egg substitute; beat on low speed just until blended. Spread over crust. Crumble reserved topping over filling.
- Bake 11-13 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 149 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Jun 28, 2018
Great recipe! Your new format is not very user-friendly. Most of the recipes now do not fit on one page to print and there is no option to print only selected reviews
Apr 11, 2016
my daughter loves lemon desserts ,April is her birthday month. I made this for her and she LOVED them . I very easy and simple to make will make these again thanks for the bars.
Apr 7, 2016
Wow! I'm on a low-day diet. It's very hard to find a GOOD dessert. This one fit the bill and so easy to make. Thanks for sharing. C. Kent, Virginia
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.