Minty Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, divided use
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, extracts and 2 eggs until blended. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup baking chips.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over chocolate layer, spreading evenly; sprinkle with remaining baking chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 260 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 17, 2017
These sound good and I plan to try. Although I love almond flavoring, I am wondering if they meant to have mint extract added instead of almond since mint is in the title of the bar.