Macadamia Lemon Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour, confectioners' sugar and melted butter until crumbly; stir in nuts. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in eggs, lemon juice and zest until blended.
- Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 226 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 13, 2016
My family really enjoyed these lemon bars and the macadamia nuts are a nice treat.Easy to make and pretty on the plate.
Feb 1, 2015
these bars are a little too sweet for my taste. best not to brown the bars, sugar caramelizes.
Feb 1, 2015
I had prepared these bars, only I adjusted this recipe by using pecans instead of macadamia nuts since they were on hand for me! I'd baked these bars at 350o F. for 30 minutes for the lemon filling and 15 to 20 minutes for the crust. I'd used a greased and floured 8x8x2" square baking pan! This lemon bar recipe is certainly a 5* score! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein
Jan 15, 2015
These are delicious! I put in double the lemon juice as suggested and they taste awesome.This is definitely a keeper!
May 13, 2014
Taste of home, "this time you have out done yourself." this was the best lemon bars I ever tasted. thanks for the res.
May 13, 2014
I double the lemon for more flavor and when the crust is almost done, I cover it with white chocolate chips, let them melt and spread it, then I add the filling....so good.
Apr 1, 2014
These are awesome!
Mar 9, 2014
While these are very tasty, I wondered if there's a few misprints with the recipe. First off, the crust layer won't be "crumbly" if you stir in half a cup of melted butter- it's way too wet for that, and I wonder if it's supposed to be half a stick (1/4 cup) butter instead. When you press it up the sides of the pan, it melts back down in the oven so you only end up with a bottom crust. Make sure you grease the pan very generously, and maybe even flour it a little bit. If you really want the lemon flavor to be prominent, I recommend doubling the amount of lemon juice in the filling, otherwise the lemon flavor is very light.
Mar 5, 2014
These are so good...melt in your mouth...make you feel like spring is just around the corner!
Feb 2, 2013
these are our favorites. when I make them, they are gone in minutes.