Lemon Angel Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Cut cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1 cup lemon mixture. Top with a second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dec 14, 2016
This is a delicious lemon dessert for anyone that likes lemon.The only change I made was to use whipped topping instead of whipped cream.It a very pretty dessert and easy to make for company and family alike.
Apr 22, 2013
I have made this cake several times--We like to put strawberries and mint around the bottom of it for added decorations--My friend request this every time I offer to bring a dessert.
Jan 17, 2013
To simplify this recipe even more, I just used 1-1/4 cups of Cool Whip to mix with the lemon pie filling. Sometimes, I make the lemon filling with a box mix instead of canned.
Oct 29, 2009
I have made this easy cake several times. It is delicious and no one would guess how easy it is!