Lemon Angel Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Cut cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1 cup lemon mixture. Top with a second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dec 14, 2016
This is a delicious lemon dessert for anyone that likes lemon.The only change I made was to use whipped topping instead of whipped cream.It a very pretty dessert and easy to make for company and family alike.
Apr 22, 2013
I have made this cake several times--We like to put strawberries and mint around the bottom of it for added decorations--My friend request this every time I offer to bring a dessert.
Jan 17, 2013
To simplify this recipe even more, I just used 1-1/4 cups of Cool Whip to mix with the lemon pie filling. Sometimes, I make the lemon filling with a box mix instead of canned.
Oct 29, 2009
I have made this easy cake several times. It is delicious and no one would guess how easy it is!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.