3D Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate and cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and sugar just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to reach a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from pan. Spread ganache over cheesecake to within 1 in. of edge. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 480 calories, 35g fat (21g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 17, 2017
Easy to make and the cheesecake looks perfect without cracks or bumps. Tastes equally wonderful. Thank you for this 5 star recipe!
Nov 30, 2016
I made this for Thanksgiving and the chocolate lovers in the family LOVED it. The only change I made was to omit the sugar from the ganache. You MUST be a chocolate fan to enjoy this recipe.
Oct 20, 2016
This cheesecake is simply amazing! It is simple, easy to make and has such a great rich chocolate flavor. If you love deep chocolate, this recipe is for you! Took this to work with me one day and all my co-workers loved it!
Mar 30, 2016
Awesome cheesecake. Will definitely make this one again. Very rich. For the true chocolate lover. Every bite is like smooth silky chocolate heaven. Baked beautifully.
Jan 24, 2016
Crust was too hard to cut through, but the taste was decadent. Very rich!
Dec 27, 2015
I've made this a few times now and agree with other reviews that there is too much butter in the crust. I have reduced it with great results. It is super rich but delicious! Only takes a small slice to satisfy that chocolate craving. Thank you to whomever shared it. It's a winner in my book!
Dec 5, 2015
I've made this cheesecake twice now - everyone loves it! My only suggestion would be to reduce the butter in the crust. I used Oreo cookie crumbs and the 1/4 cup of butter was way too much & leaked out the bottom of the pan. Next time I'll try 2 Tablespoons. Otherwise this is a perfect cheesecake. The ganache is exceptional!
Feb 15, 2015
Fabulous cheesecake! Will definitely make again.
Jul 24, 2014
My son wanted a birthday cake that tasted as good as the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. This recipe did it! Totally delicious (my mouth is watering as I write this!). Not a difficult recipe. I didn't do it a day in advance so I put it in the freezer for an hour to speed up cooling and it was fine. Served it with whipped cream and fresh, local raspberries. Made for an impressive display that tasted great and gave me one very happy 17 year old!
Apr 18, 2014
My husband said it was the best cheesecake he's ever had!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.