Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
"I always get compliments when I make this rich dessert," says Erin Byrd of Springfield, Missouri. With layers of vanilla and fudge cream cheese plus a drizzle of caramel, this luscious cheesecake will win praise for you, too!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 4-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread half of mixture into crust. Stir fudge topping into remaining batter; gently spread over cream cheese layer. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 510 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Turtle Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.