Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
I always get compliments when I whip up this rich little cheesecake. With layers of caramel, chocolate and vanilla, it's an instant classic. —Erin Byrd, Springfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 3 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 4-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread half of mixture into crust. Stir fudge topping into remaining batter; gently spread over cream cheese layer. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° until center is almost set, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cheesecake: 554 calories, 34g fat (18g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Turtle Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009