Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
I always get compliments when I whip up this rich little cheesecake. With layers of caramel, chocolate and vanilla, it's an instant classic. —Erin Byrd, Springfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 3 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 4-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread half of mixture into crust. Stir fudge topping into remaining batter; gently spread over cream cheese layer. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° until center is almost set, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cheesecake: 554 calories, 34g fat (18g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Turtle Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.