Simple Turtle Cheesecake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 frozen New York-style cheesecake (30 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining cream and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Serve warm with cheesecake or, if desired, cool completely and drizzle over cheesecake.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 585 calories, 40g fat (20g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 27, 2018
This isn't a cheesecake recipe. The first step is buying a cheesecake. This a recipe for sauces that can go on a cheesecake. Reclassify this recipe and stop having it take up space in collections where people want actual cheesecake recipes.
Jun 28, 2017
This an amazing cheat when you need a last minute dessert. I actually bought a small cheesecake from the bakery section and then topped it according to the recipe. Made me look like a rock star!
Feb 1, 2014
I made this the other day for my book club luncheon and I think it is one of the very best cheesecakes I have ever eaten. As the name implies, it is simple to prepare. I followed the recipe exactly and one thing I would do differently would be to add more toasted pecans to the top. I do recommend keeping the paper around the cheesecake when adding the chocolate topping. Refrigerate then remove the paper just before serving. This recipe is over the moon good.Volunteer Field Editor