Simple Turtle Cheesecake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 frozen New York-style cheesecake (30 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining cream and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Serve warm with cheesecake or, if desired, cool completely and drizzle over cheesecake.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 585 calories, 40g fat (20g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 27, 2018
This isn't a cheesecake recipe. The first step is buying a cheesecake. This a recipe for sauces that can go on a cheesecake. Reclassify this recipe and stop having it take up space in collections where people want actual cheesecake recipes.
Jun 28, 2017
This an amazing cheat when you need a last minute dessert. I actually bought a small cheesecake from the bakery section and then topped it according to the recipe. Made me look like a rock star!
Feb 1, 2014
I made this the other day for my book club luncheon and I think it is one of the very best cheesecakes I have ever eaten. As the name implies, it is simple to prepare. I followed the recipe exactly and one thing I would do differently would be to add more toasted pecans to the top. I do recommend keeping the paper around the cheesecake when adding the chocolate topping. Refrigerate then remove the paper just before serving. This recipe is over the moon good.Volunteer Field Editor
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.