Frosted Turtle Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Frost brownies. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt caramels with cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 330 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 28, 2018
These brownies we're tasty but very rich. They turned out more like a chocolate cake and the frosting suited the texture. I will make again when I feel like chocolate cake.
Feb 10, 2016
I made these brownies as per recipe. The brownie was dense. The topping would be better on a lighter, cake brownie. It called for too much frosting and too many nuts. That could be cut back on. It was thick and gooey. It was too rich to eat more than a small piece, unless, apparently, you are young linemen. They loved them. My husband and I cut them up and gave them away. Perfect for the young on fat Tuesday! Not for us. I don't know what I was thinking. They tasted good.
Feb 3, 2016
These are delicious!! They make an extra special brownie!