Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8-in. square baking pans with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pans. Cut into bars. Using a No. 46 pastry tip, pipe frosting over brownies. Decorate with candy eyes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2018
Omitted the nuts due to allergies, baked in a 13x9 for 35 minutes. My die hard "We only like boxed brownie mix" family loved them!
Oct 25, 2015
These were a big hit at our Halloween party! I used M & Ms for the candy eyes.