The grave couldn't hold these mummified treats for long! Watch these fudgy brownies pull a disappearing act at your Halloween get-together. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8-in. square baking pans with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pans. Cut into bars. Using a No. 46 pastry tip, pipe frosting over brownies. Decorate with candy eyes.
Oct 18, 2018
Omitted the nuts due to allergies, baked in a 13x9 for 35 minutes. My die hard "We only like boxed brownie mix" family loved them!
Oct 25, 2015
These were a big hit at our Halloween party! I used M & Ms for the candy eyes.