Salty-sweet, crunchy-chewy, so many sensations in one delectable bite. This is the absolute easiest recipe to make! Both kids and adults will be reaching for this goodie. —Leigh Ann Stewart, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes16 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 package (11 ounces) ridged potato chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Arrange whole potato chips in a single layer on a large platter. In a large saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Drizzle over chips.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over caramel mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 396 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Turtle Chips in TOH Simple, Easy, Fast Kitchen RTL 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.