There's nothing slow about these turtles—they're so rich and delicious they go in a hurry around our house! They also make nice gifts at the holidays for all our "sweet tooth" friends.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (11 ounces) caramels
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) pecan halves
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt caramels and milk. Stir until smooth. Place pecan halves in groups of three on a greased baking sheet. Spoon melted caramel over pecans (1 scant tablespoon over each cluster).
- Refrigerate. Melt chocolate chips and shortening; spread over clusters. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 101 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.