There's nothing slow about these turtles—they're so rich and delicious they go in a hurry around our house! They also make nice gifts at the holidays for all our "sweet tooth" friends.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) pecan halves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt caramels and milk. Stir until smooth. Place pecan halves in groups of three on a greased baking sheet. Spoon melted caramel over pecans (about 1 tablespoon over each cluster).
- Refrigerate. Melt chocolate chips and shortening; spread over clusters. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 101 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Turtles in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.