Fudgy Turtle Pie
Everyone needs a truly decadent dessert recipe. We love to mix chocolate, caramel and crunchy candy bits in a pie that’s ooey-gooey fabulous. —Dolores Vaccaro, Pueblo, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (32 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 Snickers candy bars (1.86 ounces each), chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Additional chopped Snickers candy bars, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Remove from heat; pour into crust. Top with chopped Snickers candy.
- For topping, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Pour and spread, if necessary, over top. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- If desired, drizzle ice cream topping over individual pieces and top with additional chopped candy.
Originally published as Ooey-Gooey Turtle Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015