Turtle Snack Mix
A decadent turtle sundae I had at a restaurant inspired this sweet-salty snack mix. Just try to stop at one handful! —Priscilla Yee, Concord, CA
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14-1/4 ounces) Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix cereal and pecans. In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring once.
- Whisk in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture, toss to coat. Microwave, uncovered, on high 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Spread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips and caramel bits (do not stir). Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Break into pieces. Stir in pretzels. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 300 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.