Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PINEAPPLE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Fresh mint and edible orchids for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Pour filling onto crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in the pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake. Garnish with mint and orchids if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 297 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 23, 2017
i amde this for a library potluck and we all loved it. it was really great to have a taste of the trpoic in the dead of winter/
Mar 11, 2010
Easy to make and everyone lived it! My first cheesecake, and it turned out delicious.
Jun 4, 2008
Even though my cheesecake wasn't quite done in my opinion, I heard so much ranting and raving over how extremely good it was!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.