Hawaiian Wedding Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, egg whites and egg beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk add pudding mix until well blended. Spread over the cake. Top with pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 221 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 31, 2014
Light & tasty. Easy to make.
Feb 26, 2012
Made this for my daughter's 6th birthday which was a Hawaiian theme. All of the adults loved it but some of the kids were just "so so" with it. I would definitely make this again as it was quite good and knowing that it is light made all of us adults who are watching our weight feel less guilty about indulging.
Feb 12, 2012
I have a question, wana make this cake today ...do i mix in the ingredients from the bak of the box or only bittermilk egg and eggwhites?
Apr 26, 2011
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS RECIPE---ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!
Apr 24, 2011
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!! Thank you for the recipe! I made it for Easter dinner today--the only thing I changed was I upgraded the lo cal to regular whipped cream and cream cheese, pudding and pineapple with sugar(regular). I thought about changing the buttermilk to the pineapple juice but left it alone--the cake was extremely moist---VERY GOOD!! It is already requested for NEXT WEEK it was so good!!!
Apr 2, 2011
This is so far the best cake I have ever tasted and the directions were so simple.
Feb 22, 2011
I made this cake for a church Luau Party twice, everybody loved it, there were no leftovers.
Oct 17, 2009
The instructions for the cream cheese, milk and pudding are not complete if you are not careful you will end up with a huge mess and wasted ingredients!! Thanks for being so clear.
May 15, 2009
This was an easy, tastey cake. My grandkids were coming so I left out the pineapple (picky eaters). I had some coconut leftover so I sprinkled that on half the cake. Everyone raved about it - I think I'll try it with a chocolate cake mix next.
Mar 5, 2009
I made this yesterday and this cake is simply delicious. It is so light and so easy to prepare.thanksTaste of home subscriber for so many years. L. Hebert 3/6/09Portsmouth R.I.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.