Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mixes; beat in cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake. Top with the pineapple, cherries, coconut and walnuts. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 316 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 1, 2019
This cake was easy to prepare and it tasted great! I used pecans instead of walnuts, since that's what I had on hand. It is cool and refreshing and a really nice addition to a potluck or other gathering
Jun 29, 2017
I've been making this cake for years, since I saw it in my Taste of Home magazine. It's a perfect summertime treat that everyone just loves! For a little extra pineapple flavor, use the juice from your crushed pineapple in place of the water for the box cake mix!
Mar 27, 2015
This cake is wonderful, and easy to make. My husband is so happy when I make this for him, and have made it many times. Thank you for this recipe.
Sep 16, 2012
I made this for a luau themed party and it was a HUGE hit!!!
Sep 3, 2012
Very moist, and the taste is awesome, I am making again for the 2nd time today!!
Apr 7, 2012
I have made this many times. I am making it again for our Easter dinner at my church.
Jul 28, 2011
Very easy, refreshing, and always a hit.
Jan 28, 2011
This is soooo good! It has great flavor. I took this to a carryin at work. It would be hard to store this cake in the refrigerator since it is made on a large cookie sheet and with all the loose topping it would be hard to cut up and store in smaller containers. But it is a great cake for get togethers!
Apr 26, 2010
Yes this is a wonderful cake - made it and took it to work - they loved it!