Hawaiian Wedding Cake Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts and pineapple. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in additional confectioners' sugar.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use eggs.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 323 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 23, 2012
LOVE IT !!!
Jun 28, 2011
I have been making these for 50 years only with chopped walnuts, nice to have the different taste with the candied pineapple.
Apr 13, 2010
This cookie is wonderful! It differs from a Russian Tea Cake with it's sweeter dough. Also, the crunch of the macadamia nuts is perfect, not soft like a walnut or pecan! For those concerned about the pineapple, fear not, beacuse it's masked well. I LOVED this cookie!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.