Mexican Wedding Cakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into 2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, 12-15 minutes. Roll cookies in additional confectioners' sugar while warm; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 88 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 25, 2018
These are indeed a fabulous cookie! They appear to be an international favorite. My mother was given this recipe by her German mother-in-law, born in1898, who called them Kifflings. The only difference between Kifflings and this recipe is that we made them with walnuts. Most Germans use almonds. They are an important part of our Christmas tradition.
Dec 11, 2017
Easy and delicious...
Dec 31, 2016
Delicioso! A Christmas tradition in my family. Whether you call them Mexican Wedding Cakes, Pecan Puffs or Russian Tea Cakes - this is one recipe to save.
Aug 6, 2014
Mexican Wedding Cakes (we also call them Russian Tea Cakes) have been a family favorite for years. They are always part of our Christmas cookie plate.
Jan 11, 2014
Made these for our wedding anniversary. Husband ate the whole batch! Very addicting.
Jan 1, 2014
I'm a novice when it comes to cooking, so I was a bit nervous about trying this recipe. But I did and the cookies came out awesome! I made these to gift and everyone who received them loved them. In fact, I'm making another batch to give to some people who called asking for more. The only adjustment I made was that I baked them for a few more minutes (18-20) at 350 degrees. Thank you for sharing this recipe. :-)
May 31, 2009
See "Russian Tea Cakes".? It cuts the recipe in half.
Apr 28, 2009
Nov 21, 2008
I made these last year for Christmas gifts. These are great tasting cookies. I am making them again this year and many years to come.Beth :)
Dec 11, 2007
Love these cookies!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.