Mole New Mexican Wedding Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together the next six ingredients. Gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool 5 minutes. Roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 81 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2017
Adding mini chocolate chips is not a new addition for me as that is what I usually do for Wedding Cookies; however, the addition of chili powder definitely makes this a unique cookie. I usually do not say this; however, these cookies need to be a tad sweeter so I will up the powdered sugar just a tad next time. Usually I'm the one reducing the sugar!
Feb 1, 2017
I had the chance to make these cookies yesterday! I sampled one and it was delicious! The only change: I added 1/4 tsp. salt to dry ingredients. Thank you, Marla Clark, for this recipe! It's a keeper!